Re: MAINSTREAM GAMES - list of accessible video games - update 27/01/14

Aaron, I agree mostly with your assessment. But I would say Blazblue actually focuses just as much on gameplay as SF does, which is why it's such a technical fighter. And Soul Calibur IV, for all its lack of story, was actually very good... I loved the heck out of that game and still play it. Street Fighter IV is definitely known as the most balanced yet technically easy game to get into, but a pain to master. It isn't as easy to divide games like that into games that focus on story and games that focus on gameplay and mechanics. Games like MK and Injustice have tried to do both, but in the end it's still obvious that the end goal was the presentation and content rather than the fighting engine itself. And Blazblue is expansive, sure, but lots of content to play doesn't mean good content. hahaha. Under Night in-birth is definitely more in the vein of street fighter... in that there are some cutscenes sprinkled around in the arcade mode. But the first and foremo st is definitely the gameplay factor, though personally I think it actually does a good balance of both.

Seal, that's cool. I didn't know French Bread were going to port this to PC. This is one of the reasons I go with Sony consoles... because the exclusive fighting games tend to be pretty fun and really good. lol And trust me, in that second gameplay clip I was pretty bad. hahaha.