Re: SoundRTS and the CrazyMod (update 8.3)

Yeah they aren't unstoppable that's true, but that one is quite insane, did not know it couldn't do ajacent attacks though.

I mean if a wall is 2 squares thick, like one that runs for 5 squares on |A1 and B1, to A5 and B5.
This happens on a few maps, Pra7 for example, often to make airspace only zones, or to keep ajacent attacks where you want them.
If the tunnel spawns between the 2 layers of the wall, which is essentially what's happening when it's in a square with no paths out, then the termites can't go anywhere.

You can target places on the square with stumps, but not spawn them there, it just makes it seem like you can.

The firefly only has a bit less health than the thousand stings wasp when fully upgraded, and it does a decent if not great amount of damage, especially in groups, it also has an extremely powerful attack when used in brute force groups with control enter, if even one gets through it& #039;s a bad day if you don't move fast, and probably a bad day for your peasants either way.
I saw them more as scouts than hunter killers, that's why I suggested the change, but if both have it I won't be all that torn up, it just made more sense to me, just because the firefly has a powerful built in searchlight doesn't mean it has infrared vision and can see targets even through magic shielding, it does how ever mean that it can see farther, at least that was my reasoning.

Why does it matter?  Well, because all of the other units like that are balanced, 1 tower of each, one building for each, 1 shooter for each, and then randomly, an extra cannon.

It wasn't a super computer for certain moves, it was a super computer for all mechs, people would get them because of the health, armor, and damage potential, and the point is to have them for going up against orcs and elementals, and yes, the larger one I was thinking of would have had a railgun or goss cannon that could do allot of damage to an ajacent square with splash damage as well.

But, you know I guess the robots do okay, I mean, the taking so long to get good stuff, needing 3 teams of 15 geeks to really do well, not being able to do much of anything on maps with out much resources, that slows them down and gives them a huge handycap, though the traps and later towers do help, but I suppose making an even more expensive unit doesn't really assist them on that front.
I'd still love to see this idea for another race possibly, one with human, or alien, pilots instead of carried smaller robots though.

I suggested the serpant change because, at the time, I didn't know they were no longer invisible, and making the big tower detecting may have made that a bit OP early in the game, so I thought that may balance it out.

The priest right now has no weapon what so ever, which, along with being kind of s illy, especially since it does in regular sound rts, I guess is because it's too peaceful?  Either way, I figured there should be an upgrade that made it warlike, and since you get the paladins with the temple as well, this kind of makes sense to me, I don't expect it to do that much damage, but it'd be nice for it at least to have some protection...
As to catipolts, it's less to do with AI's and more to do with how many you can build in a short time given the resources now, along with the fact that it just doesn't make much sense how little wood it takes.
Yeah they aren't that powerful, but I mean, technicles only have 2 ground units, and the grenade launchers still I believe, fire slower, plus it's their hole thing, the troditionals have dragons, too, so it's not like they really need another shortcut.
When I looked in rules.txt I didn't see that any of the troditionals had detecting towers, it seems like allot of stuff doesn't show up in there, yet somehow still works in the game, it doesn't help that it's in french so I need to play through a game a bit just to make sure every time.

I think the puppets do a decent amount of damage, simply because of how fast they attack, obviously not without damage upgrades however, but yes they are slow moving, and die easily, but it's not like I expect them to last long anyway, so I use hit and run tactics either way.   I find them very useful in medium to large groups for taking down outposts though.
Had no idea that upgrade sucked so bad, lol, I hope it was a typo on their part.

Also after some testing, I realized that yes, shurukin are way, way too slow, and neither fatal blade, nor flying shurukin can see invisible units.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Victorious via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector