Re: SoundRTS and the CrazyMod (update 8.3)

I don't think you could simulate that with what we have. Especially since a couple other units have bewitchment also. I also don't know about ambush turrets, but I do know that ambush high towers are extremely powerful if you build a lot of them.
Number 5 on your ideas list should be the exact opposite. I think the fruit trees, and the defense trees shouldn't be able to create stumps. The game slows down drastically as you create more stuff, and since the way the vermin race works by multiplying your army that's just bad. Then again, if the developer used a better library for the game maybe things would be faster though I'm not sure. I really think it's pygame and not python that's the problem here.  I do agree wit the second part of that idea where you talked about placing stumps on parts of the square. Though ocne you upgrade to devourer tree, the range is so high that putting it in the center covers the entire square.

Also I am confused about what fatal blade does and doesn't work on. I think it works on any unit, but it doesn't work on buildings. I tried it on an elven high guard tower today and it did nothing. But an opponent who played me was able to fatal blade an orc massive tower I had and instantly destroy it which is why I was confused.

Root systems are fine except that they shouldn't be able to create carnivorous plants like vic said. Maybe if they could make like 5 thorny plants instead that would be acceptable. They are supposed to be a minor annoyance. I also think flying shurikens should have a quicker speed so that they can get more attacks against the enemies before they are destroyed. They only have 1 hp. And it's a sword so it should be able to move really fast.

I still haven't found a good use for animating puppets or creating false vortexes. The puppets have so little hp, and just about every race has a unit or building that can hit ajacent square gr ound units. The puppets have 8 hp and even after animation speed they don't move nearly fast enough to have a chance at avoiding attack. Though perhaps combined with smoke they might be able to get somewhere, though it would be extremely slow going. The problem with false vortex is that players just simple ignore it by using an imperative order to skip right over it, making it pointless. I really don't know of a way you could make the false vortex useful. The illusionist doesn't  seem to have much going for it right now except maybe the smoke. I need to learn how to more effectively use cloak skills I suppose. On the other hand the doctress is just great.