Re: Anyone here got a favorite science fiction tv show?

The tv series had it's moments, though I never really got Trillian sounding like a dizzy bimbo or ford being so hard core.  The rest of the cast however are all from the Radio play, and that really is the definitive h2g2. It actually came before the books or tv series, and in a lot of ways is still the best iteration, although the original radio plays end after the second book, though they did go back int  the early 2000's and do books 3-5 (including givingthe hole thing a great ending different to that in the book series).

I couldn't imagine reding h2g2 in braille, the snappy humour would just be too slow for me, especially all those crazy names and long anicdotes etc, indeed if you can get the douglas adams versions of the audio books they'r also highly worth hearing, sinse Adams really puts energy into things. His performance as Agrajag was so good they spliced it into the third h2g2 series (adams having died slightly before), and it's a fantastic tribute to his tallents.

Interestingly enough, he was script editer for a good few Doctor who stories of the Tom Baker years,  and the main plot of the third book, life the universe and everything was originally an  unused idea for Doctor who supposedly called Doctor who and the cricket men.

H2g2 really is something I grew up with. I rea the first book back when I was 9, in fact it was the first book I requested from the calibur cassette library, and then I got the full series o audio tape for christmas when I was eleven.

It's a series I've got more out of as time has gone on.

Regarding the 2005 film, well I didn't think it was too bad, but not a patch on any of the other adaptations, and I really don't know why Zafod turned out being so stupid. I did rather like Alan Rickman as Marvin though, ---- an I thought shooting the vogons with the point of view gun held by MArvin was a more than satisfactory way of def eating them big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : danny via Audiogames-reflector