Re: Inspiration or Objectification

My point about Swamp specifically is that it's below even those.  My understanding is that enemies are dots, you're a circle, and that's kind of it.
As for other games, sure, we've had a few examples.  But I just don't see this taking off.  What is needed to use them as a vehicle for this kind of message is something very mainstraem and also accessible.  The people doing the mainstream stuff have basically no economic motivation to bother, especially since most of the stuff can't be converted-yes, even the indie stuff; we live in the age of 3 dimensions, and it is now barely harder to write a 3d game than it is to use a basic piece of CAD software.  That's what the frameworks are, now: CAD software (think paint plus a third dimension), a huge body of common code, and the ability to attach scripts.  This is a nice pipe dream.  It is not likely to happen on any scale that actually matters.