Re: Anyone here experienced Exploding Head Syndrome

I've never had anything like that, though when It's really quiet I hear a very loud whooshing noise in my ears accompanied by what feels like a huge amount of pressure in my head. It doesn't take much to silence those sounds though, just a quiet computer fan in the room is enough. I also periodically hear loud tones, sometimes dominantly in one side or sometimes inside my head at different pitches. The occur maybe 3 times a month and each episode lasts about 10 to 30 seconds. It makes all frequencies in that range sound really distorted and kind of painful to my head. Not sure if that has anything to do with EHS but it's not something I'm afraid of or nervous about, as the episodes pass quickly and normally happen when I have headphones on.
Oddly enough I can still hear up to 20K with pure tones and 19 with some white noise in the background, and I am about to turn 22, I've heard by that age most people can't hear above 17 or 18, not sure th ough. Which brings me to my next point, I get this weird illusion when hearing 16K or frequencies very close to that. It makes me see light. I do have a small amount of light perception. And when I was little, I'd often listen to the whine of the old TV tubes at about 15.75 K, and see the light coming from the TV. So I still have that illusion of light now, every time I hear a tone like that. The tone doesn't have to be loud, just loud enough for me to hear it clearly. 60 HZ makes me feel hot, probably because it's the ground frequency here in the US and I always associate it with electricity because that's what grounding is. But I do get a sensation of warmth or at least relaxed when I hear the tone. At the same time it's just above a B flat, which used to scare me as a little kid. I hated B flat, particularly dense B flat chords, though light stuff in B Flat I could take okay. A flat makes me see bright sunlight. Okay I think I'm done now though I cou ld come up with many more things... not related to EHS but still.