Re: starting out with a guidedog.

@Cx2 I agree on seeing friends, not to mention going to groups for general mutual interest which is probably the way to meet people, and your correct on shoping, though with bills I do have my gas and electricity on direct debit, though as the councel is my landlord so I have a fairly fixed rate for electricity and water this isn't a major problem.

I personally find shopping a helpful way to give reever a walk and have a break, which is why I wouldn't substitute online shopping, I also do as you do with a back pack though I've recently discovered Iceland will deliver an order from their local store by van to your house, so you can go around the shop and choose things, then don't have to carry themm back. I thus do a general shop with my backpack once a week or so, but pop down to iceland for things I need like frozen stuff, extra bottles of coak etc. I also do a specific walk to wittards to buy coffee and hot chocolate each week, which I certainly couldn 't! do online sinse part of that involves having a smell of any new coffee they have in to see whether it meets with my high standards or not big_smile.

There are two points about shop staff. Yes, they can be incredibly, amazingly dim, which is highly inconvenient. On the other hand if you know your local shop staff well the converse is true and you can get a level of assistance you wouldn't get online, eg, recommendations of stuff if they're out, people who say "you liked so and so so why not try this" etc. I find that at my local marks and spensor.