Re: Progress blastbay games?

I think that it is possible to do better than Swamp, as Swamp appeals only to a pretty narrow audience, can take some know-how to get running  and has basically no PR outside this forum.  But the only way to turn a real, continuous profit with audiogames is indeed subscriptions, and $12000/year (600*20) is nothing to scoff at.  I'm surprised it sold 600.  My estimates of maximum subscribers for anything paid were much, much more modest.
Also, it should be noted that while it is true that there is a prevalence for cracking, there's two ways around that.  The first is to write my own DRM or find one that's really good and use it.  The second is to require an internet connection and store your authorization on a server along with game content.  But I don't think it's as prevalent as you think it is, anyway. Cracking takes a lot of time and know-how, and the number of people in this community who can even give it an atte mpt is in the very low double digits.
As for Elias, I don't expect to see it in an audiogame that is not written by Blastbay Games.  I've read the manual.  It's interesting, but you have to put in a lot of effort to prepare the art for it and anything subpar means you might as well not bother.  It's the kind of thing you use when your project has a professional musician who can code to the specific style required for runtime mixing involved and a programmer who can figure out how you do stuff like calculate adrenaline levels or something.  There are basically 0 audiogames that even reach that level of detail.  If I'm ever in the position to higher composers of the quality required to make it actually worth the effort, I'll probably use it in something.  The approach is interesting-I wish I had thought of it first because it's something I could certainly code, if I wanted, and he is seeing some success with it.
Audiogame tech cannot be sold to this community.  Anything advanced enough to be called tech is beyond most people here, and few developers can actually afford to pay anything at all.  If I were aiming Libaudioverse at only the blind community, I would have stopped a very long time ago.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Diego via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : coltonhill01 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector