Re: Can someone please sendspace some old P C S Games?

Jes,
I plan on releasing some of the full DOS games, putting the link on my web site this year.
Some PCS games I don't have the rights to do that, such as David Greenwood's three games that we used to sell.
That includes his Lone Wolf, Rainy Day Games and Star Trek game. He has Windows versions of them on his web site,
www.gmagames.com
I'm not including Packman, Ten Pin Bowling and Breakout as they are already in Windows format.
I'm also not including World Series Baseball and Any Night Football as Jim Kitchen has good Windows versions of those games.

Here are the games I plan to put on my site:
A 2 Z Key Search
Arthur's Quest
Fox And Hounds
Haze Maze
Mind Puzzles
Monopoly
P C S Car Racing Circuit
Panzers In North Africa
Red Dragon Kick Boxing
I may also put up the following self-voicing games:
They require no screen reader to play but are much larger due to the fact that everything is in wave files.
Duck Hunt,
Snipe Hunt,
Space Invaders,
Red Dragon Kick Boxing Challenge,
A 2 Z Key Search and
Mobius Mountain.
http://www.pcsgames.net

If you haven't gotten it yet,
Piotr Machacz (Pitermach)
has released a free version of PCS Breakout for Windows.
It has both the old 8bit 11 k sound files and modern ones and you can play with either sets.
I have put version 2 on my web site:
http://www.pcsgames.net/breakout20.zip
There is no installing the game.
You just need to unzip it and go inside the
breakout20 folder
Then run the breakout.exe file
There is a readme.html file for instructions.
Is your hand and ear coordination up to demolishing wall after wall of objects?
Breakout brings back the nostalgia of early video gaming days.
You shoot a ball with increasing speed into layers of walls with real sounds.
Breakout contains four game variations, bust through, clear the wall, squeeze play and stretch to breaking where you can break glass, smash cups, pop balloons
and try to beat your highest score.
When you start a level, you will hear your score and number of walls announced.
Then you will land on the game board, which is made out of as few as 7 or as many as 18 columns of hblocks 9 layers high.
The cursor will scan this board from left to right, then when it hits the edge you will hear a spring sound and the cursor will reverse direction.
As it moves, you will hear every block it passes. At any point, you can press space, enter or the up arrow to shoot at the column of blocks the cursor
is on.
You can make up to 3 shots before you run out of ammo, at which point you have to wait for the cursor to hit an edge.
If the sound of a column is higher, it means that one or more layers there have been destroyed - the higher the sound the more destruction there is.
Your main goal in all modes except clear the wall, is to destroy all 9 blocks in any column to move on to the next wall.
There is 15 of them in total but you can end the game at any time by pressing escape, or pause it by pressing P.
The 4 game modes, are explained below.
Bust through.
Your goal is to destroy any column to move on to the next level.
The board is 7 blocks wide.
Clear the wall.
Your goal here, unlike in all the other modes, is to completely clear the wall - IE destroy every column of blocks.
Just like in bust through, the board is 7 blocks wide.
Squeeze play.
In this mode, you start with a wall 15 blocks wide, and your goal is to clear out a single column to move to the next wall.
The twist here is that every time the cursor hits the edge of the board, it will shrink by 1 and you will lose a point.
This shrinking will continue until you either manage to move to the next level, or when there’s nothing left, at which point you will get squished and
the game will end.
Stretch to breaking.
This mode is an opposite to squeeze play. Your goal and scoring works just like above. You start with a board 7 blocks wide, and every time the cursor
hits an edge, the board will grow and you will lose a point.
The board can grow to be a maximum of 18 blocks wide. You will get a warning at each end if it’s about to happen.
If it tries to get even bigger, it will break and the game will end.
The name of the game and the modes are the same because I couldn't really think of anything better.
Game play is pretty much unchanged. Compared to the original it has 15 walls vs 13 as well as background music, plus a few more audio queues to show how
well you're scoring.
I also changed the bust through mode a bit so you can get some bonus points if you can aim well so you can expect to get higher scores than in the original.