Re: Uncle! Yosemite it is, then.

Windows tablets at least are now there, as too are Windows phones.  Windows 8.1 supports it on desktops if you have a device, I think, though Microsoft seems to be betting more heavily on touchscreens.
Fortunately, we have a legacy on Windows of people wanting their keyboard.  Unfortunately, without that, accessibility is kind of crap.  I have an idea how you could fix this on any OS, but it requires the app to implement more APIs, and is consequently useful for a few cases but otherwise impractical.  On Windows, most apps that have a file list or what have you have keystrokes to quickly move from navigation pane to whatever else, etc.  I never saw this on Mac, especially with the dev tools.  Even VS lets you get to most important things with 2 or at most 3 keystrokes, not that I recommend trying to use it.  The ribbons up this to 4 in some cases, typically apps like word with a billion and one functions, but that's still better than co nstantly interacting and uninteracting all day long.