Re: Uncle! Yosemite it is, then.

Hi.
I don't really know what to comment on here in the thred, sinse most of what people are saying, is said without arguing on why it's said so.
Navigating websites using VO Works better for me and many other Mac users than in Windows, simply because of how the rotor Works in Voiceover. Forget all about all those keystrokes for web navigation, but they are still there if you wanna use them. You can costumize the rotor and choose what you need, which makes it much simpler.
the way Safari shows the websites and flash is not being accessible with VO is an other thing. But navigating websites is much better, faster and simpler on a Mac in my oppinion.
Voiceover is still very much behind when it comes to Excel and advanced text editing. This is really a shame, and I hope this will come up to the Windows standards in the future. But I'm not sure, sinse that might require a scripted screenreader like Jaws.
For me, the way the OS Works is much more stable, much cleaner, much faster and more accessible for me. Yes, I'm both using Windows and Mac. Mac for serious stuff like mail, surfing the internet, listening to music, podcasts, watching movies, recordings, sound editing and all kind of stuff. I'm using Windows for games and some advanced text editing and Excel Work, sinse I don't find Apples Numbers or Open office to Work so stable like Excel.
Skype Works great with Voiceover, and it has done so for many years. Safari is sometimes a bitch regarding to websites, but Webkit which always runs the latest Safari engine solves many of those issues.
Well, at the end, I think it all comes to personal choices. We can now choose to use Windows, Linux or mac just like all others. Some like Windows, some like Linux and some like Apples system. I'll say all operating systems have their good and bad Things. If you want the best system, buy a mac and put Windows and Linux on the machine and you'll have th e best from all three operating systems. smile