Re: Swamp Campaign Scripting (SCS)

Hey Folks. I'm having trouble with my script. I'm basing this one off the sample campaign file. I went the time to audibly count down before the thunder crack of amorphous madness. Here is the code with commenting below.

map=multi1
set music=Music\Map1.mp3
x=30
y=14
no respawn
//I'm trying to make the timer speak when it is close to being totally counted down.
//So I have the system play the included sound files from the game to represent this.
//After the timer reaches 0, you will hear a thunder crack and 20 amorphous zombies will come looking for you.
//I use the timer event to program the thunder crack and amorphous zombies.
if [timer.minutes]=1 then play sound Ambiance\Time60.wav
if [timer.seconds]=30 then play sound Ambiance\Time30.wav
if [timer.seconds]=20 then play sound Ambiance\Time20.wav
if [timer.seconds]=10 then play sound Ambiance\Time10.wav
if [timer.seconds]=5 then play sound Ambia nce\Time05.wav
if [timer.seconds]=4 then play sound Ambiance\Time04.wav
if [timer.seconds]=3 then play sound Ambiance\Time03.wav
if [timer.seconds]=2 then play sound Ambiance\Time02.wav
if [timer.seconds]=1 then play sound Ambiance\Time01.wav
//Now we go ahead and start the timer.
start timer
//Lets add some items for players to pick up before time runs out.
add items 60 1 10,30,80,80 *
quest= There really is no quest.  This is just here as a test.
say=This is just a test of the new campaign mode.  There is very little point to this file except to give people a working file to experiment with.
//Don't mind these. I recorded the sound of my braille printer and made multiple copies of it playing. If you don't have the file, it won't work.
add amb 7,7 johnfollis\versapoint
add amb 14,14 johnfollis\versapoint
add amb 7,20 johnfollis\versapoint
//Lets give the player some starting gear.
starting gear

//If the player  reaches this location, then two robot sounds will play randomly. But this doesn't seem to work for some reason.
block location event 3,3,10,10
add random amb 10,10 johnfollis\robo
add random amb 3,3 johnfollis\robot
end event

//Now here is the timer event. We set the timer for 1 minute and 30 seconds. This will give you time to pikc up up ammo and weapons before hell breaks looss. But there will be some guards randomly placed on the map to help you if you need it.
block time event m=1 s=30
play sound player\Hardcore.wav
add spot 3,3,10,10 amorphous=20
add random guard=20
end event

//If you decide to go here to level up, you will have a nice raider shooting at you. So becarefull. Muahahahahahahaha!!!
block zone1 event Jackson street
level up
add spot 35,16,37,16 raider=1
end event

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : truecraig via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : audioracer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : carlosM via Audiogames-reflector