Cthulhu Mud

This Mud is based on the Cthulhu mythos started by H.P. Lovecraft's writing.  It involves a lot of hack-and-slash, but it's unique in the detail of the game locations.  For example, if you're playing a human character and you start out at Miskatonic University, you walk all around the town of Arkham Massachusetts, and buy food at the grocery store, sell goods at shops, etc.  You can fight, do magic, play music, read, study, forge weapons and armor, build your character however you want.  Another thing that intrigued me is the near-limitless combination of skills you can learn - everything from martial arts, to ancient History, to the lost language of Atlantis.
I'm not sure how it all comes together, because I've just started on it, but the Mud appears to be almost deserted.  I just wondered if anyone else played.

If this interests you, the connect info is;
cthulhumud.com
port 8889

If anyone does play or h as played in the past, can you give me a hint as to where to find better weapons and armor in Arkham?  I find it easily on other planets and in the dreamlands, but not in Arkham.