Re: mota verssions

Aaron, thanks for those words of encouragement. Regarding the old betas I've come to the conclusion the best thing I can do for you and everyone else is to put up the latest beta and keep it on the USA Games site until there is a newer version available for download and play. That would probably solve a lot of these requests from people like  Douglas who have a genuine interest in playing some of those old demos and betas.

Guitarman, as a matter of fact Evolution 3D is still being developed as it is the engine behind Mysteries of the Ancients, Raceway, and a couple of other game projects in the works. However, it isn't like BGT and was never designed for newbies the way BGT was. Its mainly a collection of C++ libraries and tools and at the moment if one doesn't already know C++ its not going to be of much help to a new developer. So I'm not sure if it would be of use to you or not.

Douglas, for one thing I'd never give you or anyone else a ccess to my private servers. That is for me and my site administrators alone, and I take security very seriously. So don't go there.

However, in any case even if I were to do something like that you would not find any demos or betas of Mysteries of the Ancients on my servers. I took them down a long time ago, and there is nothing to download since they no longer exist in compiled executable form. The only thing I have is source backups on one of my backup drives which would need to be recompiled and reposted to the site since the original setup files were deleted in order to make room for the newer version in development. So the best I can offer is recompiling the latest public beta and posting it to USA Games for download.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Douglas1 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector