Re: Which Game Enginer/Programming Language Should I Use?

Hello Hektor.
Well I'm just a novice programmer but here's what I think. Avoid bgt at all costs! If you know java then this would be easy for you to create simple games in but it is overly complicated and I've never been a fan of angelscript.
That said pretty much any language you can imagine can be used to create games. You mentioned perl also avoid that it's a nasty little language and has no compiler so any projects you make will be open-source whether you want them to be or not. But python, c++, java, purebasic, c#, objective-c are all excellent languages to make games in. I would suggest if you use python to use pygame or pyglet. Both are good and note that you can use pygame and pyglet in the same project without any problems so you can create some pretty crazy and awesome stuff.
Java is good but I think overly complicated although if you want to make android apps it's pretty much mandatory.
But if your a web designer then you kno w the basics of programming so I would say go for it an start making games. The whole programming language thing is just a matter of preference you can use whatever programming language you want and you should be able to come up with some really nice games.
Hth.