Re: Monthly Chat april 2015

, plus of course sinse most
@tom, I'm sorry to here that myself and it does sound actually scary. I do definitely think the world is devided into two, the people who get all the good stuff and the people who take all the crap, it's another reason I tend to have a low opinion of most of humanity sinse those in the lucky group rarely give a dam about anyone but themselves and only ever associate with people who are similarly fortunate.

As regards tests, while I did sometimes use a reader/writer, most of the time I would much prefer to write on my laptop. Even for exams I just took a small portable printer with me into the exam room sinse it's so much harder to edit, consider and make changes when your trying to give an aural answer, plus of course sinse most of my subjects (especially at university), required quite long, essay style answers it just wouldn't have been practical to try and speak the hole thing.

I think the "high school clubs " thing must be a us thing. Over here at least in the one good school where I did my a levels, though there were a few lunchtime activities, and some sports teams, there wasn't a huge amount of after school stuff going.

University for me was where all that sort of thing happened, and indeed uni societies are a big thing over here. That! was my best time I think, when I was an undergraduate, heck I ran the philosophy society for years.

Unfortunately that finished, indeed some of the best social points I've had sinse then have always been around universities like when I did the production in 2012, unfortunately they're always amazingly short lived.
It hasn't worked out that way for my brother, who is involved with various animmne and ccg groups, but then again he does have the advantage that even though he is visually impared he can still make eye contact.

It actually doesn't help either that what most of the none intenligent popu lation consider social entertainment involves going into dark and smelly places with so called music so loud it prohibits conversation and either drinking copious amounts of alcohol or jiggling around at each other like idiots.

Really it gives me a distinctly low opinion of humanity.

I agree completely on the music front, however one thing I have thought is that a lot of pop music has little to do with the music. It's the image, the fashion, the fact it has a rythm and people can dance to it or that it inforces certain cultural ideas, not to mention of course the oh so mighty marketing. It's actually nothing to do with the quality of the music itself.