Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Hi,
To address a few things:
If Aaron was able to make a complex game like AAC or Paladin of the Skies, then creating a game like Psycho Strike is really a quality downgrade. If two people work on it, then I would expect actually better quality gameplay-wise then those previous two.
Yes. Audio game developers do not have the budget of mainstream game companies or studios, but that's fine. As long as the gameplay is good enough, the sound design does not have to be top notch. With Psycho Strike, this has been almost the opposite. e have something shiny and flashy, but as far as the gameplay goes, it's grinding on 9 small stages all the time.
As a developer, I always focus on gameplay first. If I have no idea of how gameplay will work, then I am not making a game out of it. Sound design is mostly happening either later, or at the same time when I am coding a feature.
Games do not have to sound perfect first. Look at Shadow Line. The first version d id not sound too great, it had no prerecorded voices, but the community embraced it, because the gameplay is brilliant. Then came version 2, with voice acting and updated music. This is how it should have been from the start, but it was worth the wait.
For some reason, Psycho Strike really feels like it was rushed. Perhaps it was intended to be simple and the game price is high because of the resources used. Perhaps there will be updates coming. Perhaps none of the above, I don't know. But I would have waited, even years if needed, to add more content to the final version. This really should have been a very nice concept demo.

Rob

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arabic Three Thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : scv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheOnlyPKMNmaster via Audiogames-reflector