Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Hi all,
I want to address a few points here. I feel that some of the things we are saying here are getting pretty heavy-handed.
First I must introduce a background. I was born totally blind, and thus didn't play many video games as a kid. I never got acquainted with the mainstream gaming world. My first ever game (besides bop-it), was egg Hunt, and from there I tried games such as pigeon Panic, Lock Pick, Super Liam, Hunter, Tarzan Junior, and many others. I must say that the prospect of mainstream games with a deep storyline, complex mechanics, and tons of strategic elements to juggle at once overwhelms me. I like quick action/arcade games most and I wouldn't even say I'm particularly good at them, with the exception of a few. I am not a large fan of rpg or strategy games (unless it has some action like the BK side-scrollers or Psycho Strike.)
Why am I even bringing this up? I am trying to say that while several accusations of false advertising have been made, some of the other things said here aren't much better. The whole FPS vs. TPS vs. side-scroller debate... to be honest I don't understand any of those terms. I get so jealous of those of you who do and can explain it like there's nothing to it. When I downloaded the demo of this game, I thought it was going to be one of those complicated games which I didn't understand. It took me years to get to level 2 in Shades of Doom and after that I used markers constantly and had the help of a friend to complete the rest of it. Yet I can play games like Technoshock surprisingly easily... that's not to say I'm good at it, just only needed a few pointers to beat the blasted thing. My point being that I am a pretty weird dude who actually has an appreciation for simplicity. People were complaining about Audio Defense for not having more complex mechanics. I intially felt the same way but realized that it could still be fun the way it is.
I understand that I'm a lot different than most of you, who do want more complexity and who do have a mainstream gaming background. Saying it's a great game but I still want a refund because it's a shallow game is sending a mixed message in my humble opinion. I am so tired of reading these sorts of nit-picky comments. We just got the game, what, 3 days ago? The fact that we are already thinking that the developers will just abandon it now is simply absurd to me. It's far too early to draw such conclusions, and it happens not just in our world but the mainstream world all the time. We feel it more because every single product in the audio gaming world counts heavily, where as in the mainstream world, if something goes sour, we have, what, a few million options left to explore? Yes, Philip and others have abandoned a lot of games in the past. Does this frustrate me? Yes it definitely does. But had I been in his position, I doubt I could do much better. With a team of two people working on this thing as opposed to 200, I think we should be waiting a little longer and have some more reservations before we throw out such comments.
I'm not saying the game couldn't be improved. Far from it! But if we start off with a mind set of, "This game is cool, let's make it better!" instead of, "[[wow]] this game is just boring, let's make it worth playing." Then we will be a lot better off. i'm feeling undertones in this thread that have previously made other games not go well.
With that said, I think I'll wait to post my questions about this game, since I feel that some of us are losing faith for it already.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : thetruegamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : musicman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lord_Raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector