Re: AG Debate: Apple Watch Acccessibility, Equals More iOS Blind Users?

Well on the writing and web navigation angle I do agree, indeed we were having a debate on audeasy about this recently about the fact that for sighted people who do not touch type and just use a couple of fingers to punch keyboard keys the graphical on screen keyboards probably are pretty much the same as a standard one, where as for a blind person or in fact anyone who touch types that is definitely not the case.

However, i wouldn't make a blanket statement such as "it's always more effort using a touch screen device" sinse while it's certainly true there are some things that are more of a pest, it's also true that there are some things that are easier with a touch screen.

For example, on my laptop if I am doing something like writing, net browsing or the like and want to check the time or battery status, I need to switch back to the desktop, click on supernova's virtual focus, hit ctrl end to read the bottom information on the scr een, then alt tab back to whatever I'm doing.  On my Iphone however I just need to touch the top right hand corner for battery status, or the  top middle for the time, and can instantly get back to where I was just by pulling back my finger.

This goes for games too, king of dragon pass getting to the menu by hitting the bottom left corner is really easy, not to mention getting a far better idea of columnized information than on a keyboard, or being in more of a position to better handle say windows over top of other windows.

It's all swings and roundabouts as my dad would say, and personally I'd not plump for one or other which is why I prefer to keep both a computer with a keyboard and my Iphone around as separate devices for different purposes.