Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

Yes, our community is often pretty cutthroat...or perhaps a better word would be thoughtless. And by this, I mean people will say "this sucks" because they seem to equate "this sucks" to "I don't like this".
And I'm going to say something borderline offensive here, depending on who you are.
Many of these situations come about from people whose English isn't great. They sort of throw words around sometimes, and I've actually hit on this before. I've seen it too many times to discount. Things end up sounding harsher, meaner, more judgmental than they were probably intended. There are definitely native English speakers who do this too - hell, we've probably all done it a little here and there, actually - but I think it's much more common with people who have difficulties with English. The community is fairly small, so every negative comment hits a little harder than it would from one member of a bigger communi ty.

Regarding OSX vs. Windows and all that...well, two things. One, narrator is definitely not bad anymore; it's coming along, at any rate. I'm running windows 8.1 and can attest to this. Two, NVDA is free, lightweight, compact and probably blows the hell out of Voice-over. Voice-over on a mac, in my admittedly very limited experience, is slow to the point of being laggy.
If you like OSX, that's fine. I'm not trying to convert you. I will say, however, that Windows is still the OS of choice in the business world, so it might behoove you to be able to work within it if you're ever in a field that uses computers, even peripherally. Considering that shelling out a couple hundred bucks to get a more recent and more stable/robust version of said OS would benefit you on many levels, I daresay it ought to be worth your time.
If it isn't, though, I'm going to default to my previous point. Do. not. complain. If developers don't support your outdated OS, live with it; the onus is on you to meet them, not on them to meet you. If they were providing some sort of essential service, then I'd see a reason to raise hell; since they're not, however, I think it's downright churlish to carry on about lack of XP support. XP is dead, folks. And the longer you use it, the more you open yourself up to potential virus/file corruption problems that are no longer handled by newer antivirus programs and their updating definitions and such. When and if your computer crashes because XP didn't know how to help you defend it, when that computer needs a couple hundred bucks of work because the hard-drive had to be wiped and your files reinstated, then tell me it's still not worth it to upgrade to a supported version of the OS.
I'm sorry, but this really, really gets me annoyed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : troopanum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : po1040 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : po1040 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector