Re: Psycho Strike - New Strategy/Action game

*returns to topic*

   *reviews recent posts*

    *Notices this has somehow turned also into a BK3 is better topic andpeople should of paid money for that*

    The 1980's want their games back.  As odd as it is for  Pscyho strike  is for charging $25 for a game that still needs major work, people saying that BK3 is a great example of a mainstream game are extremely insane.  I'm pretty sure with the features BK3 provided, a free online browser game has probably already done.

   1.  It's a side scroller like Psycho strike with weapons.  Different weapons of course, but a side scroller with weapons and odd timings for ranged enemies when they fire half way across the field.  I'm pretty sure any average joe can make a platformer like BK3.

   2. The plane sections:  honestly, it's just another side scroller where you go up an d down up and down.  Again, there is probably a free online browser game that does this.  Probbly also included combat.

   3.  Story: okay this one is a given for any game if it's aiming to have a story.  granted, oen cannot apply the story patch thing to all games as some games were made to just be for fun or just a simulator with no story.

   Granted though, this is not a Japanese vs U.S discussion, as again, there's free on-line browser stuff for BK3's mechanics.  But, this is more on how uh, low the quality of most games in general are int he blind community.  Even BK3 is not immune to this.  We have trouble going past the 2d plane many times, and not many people will work out of a 2d environment  Hell, even our first person stuff is 2d.  Though, if we are working just ina  2d plain, there actually should be some quality control when trying to release products, as well as expecting money for it.  Anyone can create a side scroller these days, however few can do anything special with it.  Most likely, a game in the audiogames community may need to start aiming for non-action ames for quality aspects .  I.e: something in the lines of sound rts for strategy games in a sense, or a turn based RPG, which...not too many people here have done.  I believe we just had Dingo working on Entombed as a pet project and a learning experience and it was fun for one of the first semi rogue likes we got.  Hell, even tactical battle, which is also a pet project of someones to allow people to craft their own missions for people to play is also another great example of a unique game, considering the insane things people have done to that game builder.

    We all can keep comparing side scrollers all day but again, the 1980's want their games back.  Anyone suggesting so and so deserves to be selling their ga me is honestly kidding themselves.  Most likely, the reason the games were free was due to fair uses of resources and payments.  Other than time, the developers aimed to provide games for no costs because of not using as many funds from what we can tell.  As well, we also might consider the fact the game is, after you look at the main core of the game, simple.  I'm pretty sure if Yuki finds a sane way to display information in a more expansive environment, or provided a project that may take more time than usual or resources, it might not be free for long.

    Though, uh, this is a pscyho Striek Topic.  Instead of comparing stuff, why not go back to uh, maybe reasoning what needs improving or keeping the tpic related to the game and not some country to country comparison that isn't the case as it is an abilities comparison since U.S game makers can easily do what BK series do for on-line browser games.  There is no country to country comparison here, it is more a question of how willing one is to make a more involved game from the base.  Currently, in the audiogames community, the Japanese developers are more willing to do more with what they got, they are not better, just more willed.but this is probably best moved to another topic and not meant for here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : synchronfreak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Spiraling Wyvern via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : the terminator via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector