Re: question about Earphones, earbones, iphones and satnavs

Well to anyone  vaguely concerned, I went to see the aftershock earphones yesterday. They were surprisingly clear and did the job, at least they did when they worked. The lady from humanware had some shenanigans getting them running because my request to bring a demo set hadn't been communicated to her, and the  set she had with her were out of charge.

No bluetooth, sinse apparently the compatibility with software got to be a hassle, but on the other hand it does seem the things will do what I want them to in terms of hearing a voice plus background sounds while walking around. Amusingly enough the lady from humanware was complementing their sound quality, but when I heard some full scale music (actually the theme to new who series 3 which makes a good audio tester sinse there is so much going on), I just found the actual clarity of individual parts and elements far less distinct on the Aftershocks as compared to my Sanheisa earbuds, indeed I showed said lady from humanware and she did agree that the Sanheisa ones were good (they're also half the price of the Aftershocks too but who's counting). On the other hand, listening to music or audio was only a vague requirement for the Aftershocks, I wanted them to use with my satnav, which they will do very well, so now I am looking for an actual directional program. Blindsquare is awsome, and is likely to be even better when I can have it on on a more perminant and audible basis, but obviously it's not great for directions, so feel free to suggest away.