Re: question about Earphones, earbones, iphones and satnavs

Honestly, I'm fine with the built in Apple maps for directions. I've even found Google maps to be accessible and free on the iPhone for looking up directions ahead of time. Siri is more for in the moment walking. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with good old SIRI. You can even give her instructions like, "Get walking directions to A street and B street," and she'll find the intersection. She got me right up close to a bookstore I wanted, and helped me find my way out of a neighborhood park to a near-by intersection I knew. Just specify walking directions to her.

The only thing that doesn't work so well is shopping plazas. I don't know how big those are in the UK. I mean like a strip mall, or one giant block of buildings all crammed together into basically one building with a bunch of shops snuggled up right together with no space between. For instance, a big shopping plaza might be located at 123 South Cherry stre et, but the nail salon might be 123 S Cherry Street, suite K, which is the same address, but actually you have to follow the sidewalk around the corner of the building. The maps don't get that specific. They just get you to the main address.

Otherwise, SIRI serves me well, and I haven't seen the need to get a 3rd party app for directions. Now location, environment, that's a whole other deal. BlindSquare, Ariadne, that Sendero Lookaround free app, those are a different arena.