Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

Hi Brad,

Just to clarify a point. We don't sing the Qur'an. I know it may sound like that to some, but the Qur'an is so amazing that nothing humanistic like singing can be atributed to  it. When you linguistdikly examine the Qur'an, you see that it is written like a poem. The nature of old arabic is such that the Qur'an could be recited malodiously.

Secondly, to those who asked why we have problems.  Here is my answer.
God is testing us to see whether we should go to heaven or not. Yes, I know God knows everything, but what we have to remember is that Allah is - Ahad. Ahad in arabic means 1, but 1 in a special distinction. Unlike anything else. So you can't really think of Allah in logical terms, since he surpasses logic itself. Back to what I was saying, whereas humans should have been on the straight path, they have deviated from the truth because of their own desires, inspired by Iblis Shatan.
God therefore lets thes e evils happen to test us for the following reasons.
1. Will we believe?
2. Perhaps, had he not placed this tribulation upon us, something bad would have happened in our lives.
3. Perhaps it is to punnish us for a sin that we committed.
4.. perhaps it is to raise our rank in his eyes.
Hope this helps.

If you still find it hard to understand, I recommend too you and to all other non believers to listen to Numen Ali Kon understanding Islam and Sheikh Hasan ali love of Allah. I think love of Allah is the name. Type it in anyway, and you should find it or something similar to what I said.
Also Sheikh Hasan Ali Shaykh I don't watch Tv. While the lecture is about enjoyment in this life, I feel as though it contains interesting points. also Sheikh Hasan Ali temptations of the Dunya. Dunya means world in arabic. He has a facebook page so you can email him with questions if you wish, I'm not a Sheikh - one who knows their religion very well, alth ough I am trying to learn. This guy has years of knowledge and experience that I don't.
Hope this helps.