Re: What do people believe when it comes to religion and or spirituality?

Who says that invariance equals perfection?  Who says that perfection does not in fact consist of being able to adapt perfectly to the mind-numbing complexity of a world far beyond your humble comprehension.  I do not say your faith is vain, I say it is cruel and arrogant, costing the lives and well being of real humans.  I say that you fail to understand the meaning of Jesus' life in a tragically superficial way that allows you to feel superior and "saved".  By the way, are you aware that to redeem is to liberate, as in slavery, and is less about achieving some narrowly guarded moral perfection than it is about humans achieving what it means to live in God's image?
And no, the alternative to absolutist philosophy is not nihilism.  That shows a lack of imagination on your part, not an understanding of truth.  You speak of the love of Christ, and all I see, to borrow liberally from J. R. R. Tolkien is the cclaw of egosim, cruel and cold and devoid of love.  I do not say that you have not experienced the love of the God you profess, that would be presumptuous, but that you find a human document to be inerrant, showing the whole of the mind of a being you are unequipped to comprehend in its entirety is a demonstration that you want God to be smaller than he/she/it truly is.
I wouldn't care, except that your God is killing people I love and taking a morally indefensible pleasure in doing so, exuding the falsely sympathetic nonsense of loving the sinner and hating the sin.
If you ever come to my home, I will break bread with you, pray with you, and show you an unconditional welcome.  You cannot say the same thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Chandu via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bladestorm360 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector