Re: Introduction to Mud's world

@HummingBirdGuy, I've never heard of that client.

I heard of one called Monkey term, and another known as Z mud, although the two most people recommend are Vipmud and Mushclient.

Vipmud I personally find  far easier to pick up and use. Mushclient I think is better if you want to do really complex stuff, like make your own soundpacks and what not, but if you just want to pick up and play with some default easy to use functions I'd personally recommend Vipmud, it's a choice thing though.

As to where to start, Alteraeon is a very good beginner choice. Even though I usually prefer Vipmud, the  MushZ client for it is an amazing thing, just bare in mind that's not how most muds opperate.

If you want a more standard mud to start with, as I said I'd  suggest Aardwolf, sinse it has a very good newbie area, lots of quests and things to do and an extremely ood newbie academy that teaches you all about the game and a bit about muds in general.

While it doesn't have the awsome sounds and triggers of Alteraeon, it's a more standard mud experience if you want to play more muds, sinse many people play Alteraeon with it's great sounds and full trigger system then expect all muds to be like that without realizing just how much work has gone into  devising the MushZ client to work as it does.