Re: a few complaints about the blind comunity

You guys appear to be very lucky.
In my country the laws for visually impaired people are not really good. The infrastructure is dam bad and you can't move, even half a mile on your own. I also remember that local busses do not require blind people to pay when they take the bus, but if the blind person himself is able to get on it, they are the most fortunate people in the world, since busses are very crowded and people are not very well-educated, or simply do not know how to act with blind people.
I do not usually get on the bus because I travel by my personal Car and that is very good, but not all people have this opportunity. Some do not own a car, or others do not use it frequently, simply because busses are cheaper. Also, I use my car only to travel around this city, because as I said, busses are cheaper and you do not need to spend too much to go to another city.
I remember some years ago we didn't need to pay the whole amount of our electricity bill s, but only 20% of it. But they changed the law, because many people were abusing and they decided to make up for it by adding some more money to our monthly pension or however you call it there.

I also don't like the behavior of our associations here. They rise the extent of the disability of blind people so much, hoping that any big businesses will donate to us so as to make any projects for blind people. I don't really think that we are so much disabled as they consider us. There are so many people here who, if they see a blind people for the first time, they think he or she can't do anything. I remember when I started using laptop at my new public school three years ago, many people got stunned how I could do it. But for them, using a pear of small headphones didn't make sense. They didn't have any ideas what screen reading technology is. So they kept observing me all the time the first time I used my laptop.
It's true we are disabled, bu t not completely. We can work, we can learn, we can study, we can lecture. So I don't think that disability is very big in this case. It's problematic, but avoidable in some ways.