Re: Announcing release of Yellowbonnet from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Jeremy here:

Dark,

I detest this kind of space colonization game as well.  It's one of the things that has bugged me with Sound RTS.

If we do a space colonization game expect that to be different, perhaps not as detailed as either of us would like, but different:)

As to YB's random map generation.  Agreed, that could have been more random, how ever, with a modern town, the business district will always be in the same place.  We talked about several plans to randomize the map, and we didn't like our alternatives.  So we went with a simplified map.

As to the nested maps, that's precisely what I'm wanting to do with TKS's expansion.  I.e. a galactic map with star systems marked, once you click the star system a solar system map.  In TKS that's as far as it's likely to go, though there's a couple of intriguing possibilities with places to go further from that.  With a p irate game, I could see maps for overall area around the ship, islands, towns, individual ships and houses.  A lot of it depends on our ability to fool with randomizing maps within certain parameters and letting the game juggle multiple map settings.  That's something we have an idea for, and we have a couple of games that might utilize it.  IF the TKS expansion works out well in that regard, we might try another minigame that uses a different map strategy and then move on to pirates.  All of this is very nebulous.  Aaron and I have not plotted our future beyond the winter.  Take care,

Jeremy

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Xoren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector