Re: Windows 10 for free?

@patjk;

The only Microsoft account I know of that I have was from their old passport system. I bought this laptop used/refurbished, the seller provided the Windows 7 that was installed on it, Dell originally shipped it with XP. The seller must have activated Windows because as far as Microsoft is concerned, its an activated, legal copy. Windows XP had a feature where Windows could sign on to your Microsoft Passport account when it started up. Does Windows 7 have a similar feature?

@turtlepower17 ;

Since it's free, I'd get it anyway. Nobody says that just because you have it, that you have to use it. Then later, if you decide to upgrade to it, you'll already have it.

Microsoft wrote:

tab panel start Can I turn off the notifications?
Yes. Click “Customize” in the System Tray and turn off the Get Windows 10 app notifications in the menu that comes up.