Re: Owning a dog - Is it a good idea?

Hello guys
thank you all a lot  for replying and  bringing on very very helpful points and concerns. the mentioned points are extremely helpful. They've raised lots of questions in my mind and I am concerned a lot about some of them.
I am going to address my concerns from the highest priority.  The ones that worries me the most comes first.
1. training.
I think This is going to be the most problematic issue here. I believe I wouldn't be able to get a trained dog. The chanses of getting a dog that is properly trained is very low. Having a dog in this country is not popular, and by troditions You are not allowed to own a dog - Because It's dirty according to the dominent religion-. This makes the total number of professional dog trainers, breeders and groomers extremely low. I have talked to the organization that sells dogs. They said that they will most probably give me a puppy, and If i wanted, They will import my required dog bree d from other countries and get it to me as fast as possible.
Now, I am not sure If there is a deticated organization/center around here that would teach my dog basic training elements. I totally should be lookout for one of these because I don't want my dog to get lost or become a troublemaker. I live with my mom and dad for now - I wonder If we could teach basic stuff to the dog ourselves? How much of a challenge do you think that is going to be. This is totally our first dog so we got no experience at all.

2- toilet
So, we've got an apartment in a building that consist of 9 more apartments. We got a yard but I'm assuming that Neighbors will freak out if I let my dog to  poop in the yard unless i clean it out myself as you guys suggested. I need to ask my mom if there's a good grassy area around our house and if they're protected or not. If not, I think I'm going to be frustrated.

3. Maintenence
My dear god, I think my m om hates when dogs shed; on the other hand I need to see if I can find a groomer. I need to sleep on this, I am not sure still if i want my dog to have hair or fur

4. Being noisy/ problems with neighbors
I live with like eight more families in the building. I totally do not like my dog to go nuts for a long time, That wouldn't go well. on the other hand, I don't think they would have any problems with the dog being in the building.

5. Exercise and energy
I guess this would be the least issue I'd be concerned with. I'll make sure the dog is drained out of  his/her energy. I'd take him for a walk and I'm up for some play time during the day! Besides, I'll be able to take him to meet and socialize with my friends and family, interduce him to their homes and such..

Thanks Thomas, Dark and thunderfist for your awesome replies, It's always cool to read your posts and hear your experiences and suggestions, You guys ro ck as  deticated forum members.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thunderfist799 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Mayana via Audiogames-reflector