Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@Gene, I suggest you reread the moderation warning, I thought I made it pretty clear that the issue was your tone, not that you found something frustrating or that you had problems, sinse you know, so has everyone else at one time or another! Things that don't work or you don't find easy to do and that bloody frustrate you are part of living with a visual imparement, get used to it!

If you cannot cope with something that is frustrating without lashing out at those around you in a bhuge negative spiral and reffusing to accept anyone's attempts to help, then you probably should leave sinse your inevitably going to step over the edge into the teretory of attacking others one of these days, and as I have said before any moderating I do is for the good of the community.

If you choose to go on believing I'm the bad guy and this is all personal, well it's up to you, one thing this topic has shown me is that you don't easily change your mind once it is made up.

Enough drama however, Now, back to  the wastes!

@Tbn, I'd personally prefer my hp and weapon stats shown utside of battle too, sinse that way I can make decisions on whether to go into a dungeon or see how badly a fall during mountain climbing has  affected me, then again sinse I'm reading with a virtual curser rather than just having the hole screen spoken, I only read the stats when I choose to read that portion of the screen. This is however why some sort of options toggle on what is displayed might be a good thing if it is possible, sinse that way everyone can have things the way they want.

@Aaron, I'd also recommend going to Thewaste's subreddit and looking at the link to warsim there sinse it leads to a youtube demonstration of the game that explains a few things. Warsim is rather more complicated to get into than the wastes, and I admit I've not done so yet completely myself , but access is alr eady all there, no ascii and no off screen scrolling menus, so feel free to have a try.

I'll be trying the next version of Thewastes this afternoon, sinse if I try it this morning I'll not do anything else today big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector