Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@wastelander, the modifications seem perfect thus far from where I'm standing, just what  was needed, thanks a lot.

On the options and display thing, I don't know if there is a "best" for screen readers in this respect, not with a turn based game. (realtime is another story). Generally it depends upon how people are using their screen reading programs and also what people's preferences are, as I said I personally like having info such s name, hp and at least weapon displayed as well as region info, but that's me.
Hopefully you can get the ini to save people's option preferences file setup first sinse having to reset the screen prompt eachgame would be a little urcsome if it wasn't to my taste.

Good to know about mutations, it also confirms what I suspected about yellow viles (the survival guide on the submreddit mentioned the green ones butnot the yelow).

It might be good though if there was a way to reverse muta tions. In my last game I got skullrot, and pretty much committed suicide sinse it seeme I could no longer advance. One idea might be to have a surgion in the towns who can remove mutations, but not lower your mutation level, (I'm thinking of the drills and knives and bolt cutters type of surgion here).

Another might be to give negative mutations a positive spin if you can survive them for long enough. For example, enough turns surviving the skinrot conditions could result in hardened skin, making you tougher. Enough living with arm or leg tumas could give you gnarled arms and   that increase your attack power and strength, or  thickened legs that give you an increased travel speed, ie, your rate of exploration of the region is faster.
Enough time living with skullrot could give you brain adaptation,ieincreased intelligence and perk points per level.
the kick however is that you wouldn't know how long you would need to live with the negative mutation until you got the positive effect, so wouldn't know whether it was a good idea to go to the surgion and get your rotting skull bolted back together or get your tumers sawn off.

Oh, and just for amusement value, it turns out A boy named Sue is unlucky (there is a surprise), sinse not only did he have a father with an ironic sense of humour, but he also got skullrot!

sue travelled through 69 places in the wasteland, he died at level 5 and the last thing he saw was a Master Brock in the region known as Harkroad Commons

sue travelled through Fred's Craters into the expansive wastes of Oldfield Crater, from there he passed into the expansive wastes of Harkroad Commons Where his journey ended.

-------------------------------SKILLS----------------------------------------
Health               - 120
Strength             - 9
Agility              - 8
Intelligence         - 12
Lockpick             - 8
-----------------------------OTHER STATS-------------------------------------
Times Mutated        - 1
Mutation Level       - 3
Money                - 258
Kills                - 9
Regions Cleared      - 2
Dungeons Cleared     - 3
Settlements Visited  - 1
----------------------------CURRENT WEAPON-----------------------------------
Weapon Name          - Modified Reinforced Pure-Aluminium Crowbar
Weapon Damage        - 35
Weapon Durability    - 45
Weapon Value         - 183
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector