Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Heh I'm not sure the mining is balanced... Perhaps make it a timed based thing where it takes a random amount of time to get a rock, or have ore make a sound in different pannings and we need to press a number in order to mine it? I got to level 16 in a few minutes with mining. I also got 500K...
Also, lock-picking is not balanced either. I had a rather high lock-picking skill and still failed most doors.
If it wasn't for dumb mountains I would still be alive!!!

fred travelled through 85 places in the wasteland, he died at level 16 and the last thing he saw was a Wasteland in the region known as Blissden Mountain

fred travelled through Westington Craters into the sizeable wastes of St Endham Commons, from there he passed into the sizeable wastes of Neil Mountain, from there he passed into the small stretched waste of Blissden Mountain Where his journey ended.

-------------------------------SKILLS----------------------------------------
He alth               - 170
Strength             - 13
Agility              - 27
Intelligence         - 5
Lockpick             - 123
-----------------------------OTHER STATS-------------------------------------
Times Mutated        - 0
Mutation Level       - 0
Money                - 498309
Kills                - 67
Regions Cleared      - 3
Dungeons Cleared     - 4
Settlements Visited  - 2
----------------------------CURRENT WEAPON-----------------------------------
Weapon Name          - Legendary Atomic Electric Gold Trench Knife
Weapon Damage        ; - 12432
Weapon Durability    - 2762
Weapon Value         - 185887
                       Rest In Peace fred
(built in version 0.7.5)

BTW, I probably left 10 Dungeons because they had nothing good in them and didn't feel killing 40 guys that gave me 50 XP when the xp TNL was so much was worth it.
Perhaps when the random area comes it will look at your level a little more? I've attacked some guys with 6K HP when I was level 1 and guys with 12 HP when I was level 16. There is a problem with that! Also, why do I only get 200-300 HP when other guys get 4K+? I could probably get 600 max if I tried, but it's not worth 600 HP when my weapon hits 12K and if there is someone who hits more than 200 and I don't KO him, then I'm dead.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector