Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

@Wastelander, mostly I wouldn't want an easy mode, I like how harsh the game can get especially if you run into something you shouldn't or try playing like coanan the barbarian, though the skullrot thing was annoying sinse essentially it was random, I hit a patch of radioactive liquid in a crator and just got skullrot without a choice, it wasn't even that I drank a vial. That is why I wondered about some positive consequences to negative mutations eventually, sinse yeah you'd still have to deal with the character, but you'd get some reward for doing so rather than as I did with the skullrot and inability to advance just saying "sodit" and giving up rather than having some reason to manage a seriously mutated character as you describe.

Still, I do see the arguement for maintaining the idea of the waste's essential pointless nastiness.

@Krishna I don't think the mercs are in yet, as Wastelander said,  we're wating on the town update.

@Frastlin, I've always enjoyed console window rpgs, you know I'm a huge fan of Eamon deluxe and fallthru, and I've had some fun with World of legends, westland, destination mars  and drone as well, (it's one of the reasons I'm staying with xp).

What I love about the wastes though, (apart from the stupidly fast updates), is that it's so very, very random, you never know wat you will find, even down to the enemies you fight, and the more stuff that gets added to the game, the randomer things go (and randomer is a perfectly cromulant word).
I've always felt a lot of accessible games haven't taken advantage of random text generation as much as they should, nd the wastes is proof of what happens when that system is really used amazingly well.

I would certainly applaud more like this, one reason i created the topic for Warsim.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mata via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : krishna via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector