starting guide dog training.

Hi all,
After being on the waiting lisst for close to two years and having spent probably as long getting the ball rolling, I've finally been matched up with a yellow Lab called Skye.  Funnily enough I met her on a taster day guidedogs Southampton gave those of us who had been waiting for a long while and ended up getting the call for a possible matching visit a few days later.
She's been over my place the past weekend and training starts tomorrow with a two weeks residential course.
I guess I'm making this topic to get a sense of any guidedog tips, stories or whatever else you all have.  Partly because it might help and also for curiosities sake.  Plus if there's one thing I've learned having had dogs the past few years now, they're a fantastic way to get to know other people. smile
Speaking of dogs, one of mine a Yorkshire terrier type who isn't a huge fan of other dogs started playing with Skye earlier tonight.  I'm frankly amazed this happened so quick.