Re: starting guide dog training.

Dark,

LOL! I want one of those plaques!

I don't know how things are in the UK, but here in the US when you walk your dog in a developed area, you are expected to scoop up and properly dispose of any droppings the dog might leave. I have yet to figure out how a blind person is supposed to do that, other than to try to train the dog to do it business in places that are out of the way enough that cleaning up after it won't be necessary.

Dan,

I've been seing a mental health counselor to help me cope with my vision loss, which I am struggling with, even after almost two years, who just retired her old guide dog and got a new one. She told me that it will be a learning process for both her and her new dog for the next six months to a year, but at the end of it, they'll be a team that works very closely together.

A guide dog would also be a companion besides being a service animal, and when you live alone, as, I do, that alone can make a big difference.