Re: Q9 Has a New Home

@Jayde:
Well said.  Yes, I am one of the people who would find it unfair regardless what screen reader was supported, as was the case when Aprone first started developing games for the blind.  I understood his reasons for disliking JAWS support; I believe he still has issues to some extent or another with it, but there were times when he wondered if it was worth it, and I believed it was, and while I never believed my input was most valuable or more important than that of other gamers, I did voice it nonetheless to him.  I'll nevertheless stand by what I've said previously, both sides have valid points, and the only people I find myself not feeling sorry for are people who do express ill will or other such distasteful sentiments toward Phill and Bryan. Post 101, however, summed up many things quite nicely that should have been looked at before the rights were transferred if in fact they weren't, including the fact that the community grows and its members are not constantly the same.  Some are new; some leave it altogether AND return years later to see what has changed.  A game like q9 can make a difference for some if not for many; I can say that because, mindless fun that it was, it was fun nonetheless while I played it.
You are right, however, in suggesting that people should evaluate their reasons for arguing on this topic.  This is why, I think, Dark always tells us to step back for a few minutes before posting something to see if our emotions haven't somewhat cooled so as to do a more constructive rather than destructive job on any topic.  While you may not care, you get a thumbs up from me, at least.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jsymes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector