Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

Well sinse I do like to be even handed with attributes mostly in games that would be a nice thought, although the problem at the moment is that as well as your basic stats like strength, dex and intelligence and an additional 5 max hp per point spent, you can also level locpicking, and sinse lockpicking gets so frequently raised anyway through picking random locks it always seems a waste to put points on it that could go into attributes or hp.

I wouldn't want  a fifth of my points going into lockpicking, and goodness knows how things will balance when other skills like sneaking and charisma get added, sinse whether they will be worth spending on will depend as much upon their in game advancement as their uses.

Then of course, there are the occasions when you do get an attribute change. So, if I find a potion that gives me plus 5 int, I will probably leave off levelling intelligence until I've got dex and strength and possibly hp to similar levels, while if I take a nasty mutation and lose lots of strenghth I'll probablychuck points into strength to equalize it again if I can.

Perhaps the best idea would be to have an auto distributor system where you could set which skills got an equal share of the points, but always alter it later if your circumstances changed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : liseo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : liseo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector