Re: Trying choiceofgames

Yeah, I don't much like clawing romance or "Adult" diversions either, but I think there's a balance of humanity to be had in a good story so you're really empathising with the characters. Sometimes I think that means indulging a bit of the touchy-feely or obviously overly dramatic romantic encounters. It's good for the laugh and it's usually very cute.

Seven Bullets does indeed have lots of that kind of gory violent narration, but I was more talking about the whole badass mentality and "Life is cruel and unfair and you should deal with it" which I completely understand if some people find offensive, even though it makes sense from the POV of the writer. And like I said intent is everything, so when your PC is a violent badass with only the faintest stirrings of conscience that kind of attitude ought to be expected. But in fact, as violent badasses go, he's quite cheesy and compassionate. big_smile For me the important consideration is that the author doesn't endorse any unethical or offensive behaviour directly, and compared to a lot of contemporary thrillers Seven Bullets is I think pretty tame and well-balanced, but there really isn't much room for personality or philosophical introspection.