Re: good science fiction book

Hi.
@Dark, Well glad I could help you'll really enjoy peter F. hamilton the night's dawn books are a combination of zombie and space exploration. I don't know if there in audio but his mandel files are worth a try there about a psychic detective who lives in the future. There not up to the standards of night's dawn but there his first novels so there a good first try. You should definitley read all the culture books there very hard which is nice and a lot changes over the corse of the series. Oh and I just checked out lois mcmaster bujold the books look very interesting thank you for that.
@Cw, it took me a while to think of mor sci-fi books but here you go.
Terry Pratchett's Discworld series they fall somewhere between science fiction and fantasy:
The Colour of magic (if your on bookshare it's the color of magic for some reason), the light fantastic, and equal rites.
The discworld universe is enormous the series is good from the beginning to the end. I wish there were more but terry pratchett died so no more discworld.
Moving on try out ernest cline's books ready player one and armada they are both stand-alone books and there sort of a mix of sci-fi fantasy and other stuff.
Another good one to check out is year zero by rob reid. It's more of a comedy then anything else it's a lot like douglas adams's writing.
Also try armor by john steakley and his other book vampire that's not a sci-fi story but it's a good read.
William C. dietz is another good one.
dietz's deathday series:
deathday, earthrise.
dietz's legion of the damned series:
legion of the damned, the final battle, by blood alone, by force of arms, for more than glory, for those who fell, when all seems lost, when duty calls, a fighting chance, andromeda's fall, andromeda's choice, andromeda's war.
John birmingham's books I'm not sure wha t to call these but I'll put them here anyway.
birmingham's Axis of time trilogy
weapons of choice, designated targets, final impact and stalin's hammer: rome.
Birmingham's Disappearance Series
Without Warning, After America, Angels of Vengance.
Timothy zahn's Books
The Icarus Hunt stand alone novel
the blackcollar novels
the blackcollar, and the backlash mission.
Frank herbert is worth a look he's not bad but he's not very good. Two other good authors to check out are Philip K. Dick and neal stephenson. Oh and one more philip palmer.
Hth.