Re: New horror and adventure sidescroller, The gate!

I definitely agree with what Assault is saying about the game's horror vs. Halloween theme, and this was in essence what I was getting at in one of my earlier posts. Also, Sightless's and K Jones tips for the grey lady were certainly helpful, I managed to beat her on medium fairly easily once I mastered taking double and triple jumps and trying to account for the fact that the bow has a limited range. It can't hit stuff which is too close or too far away, the enemy has to be in a sweet spot. Right now the hardest part for me on medium is the dog ambush on the end of the level, I ended up wasting 3 lives getting through that part.
Also, a few questions. From one of the posts in this topic, it seems you can hord items, because someone said they heard another person getting 30 lives. Is it possible to do this or would you have to outright cheat? From my experience extra lives especially don't respawn once you get them, unless you reload from a save of course.
Also, a suggestion for the devs. Have a keystroke to check how many arrow pouches you have, and also another keystroke to use a med kit. I really dislike tabbing through inventory in a do or die situation, and is one of the problems I had with Psycho Strike and Perilous Hearts if I remember correctly, though my memory may be failing me.
spoiler
starts
here
The gremlin who shoots arrows at you at the very end of level 3 is actually very easy, I'd venture to say that if I made it there on nightmare, I could probably still beat him. Just stay on one side of the screen, keep your bow loaded with arrows, and when he shoots, immediately shoot back and jump. Your arrow will hit him, and his arrow will fly out from under you. He always shoots when he is a certain distance from you, I've never had him attack me from close range.
end
of
spoiler
I just purchased the game but have not started looking at the additional content yet. I'm pretty excited to get started though. In fact as soon as I submit this post I'll start a new game on easy and see what comes of it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Hrvoje via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector