Re: New horror and adventure sidescroller, The gate!

Seems overpriced to me, $30 for the game, and from what I've caught from let's plays, there's no interest for me. Man I heard long sections of nothing but footsteps as they walked. So ambiance is what's needed. I don't have problems paying for games that peak my interest, one thing the dev might want to do is get some feelers out there to gauge the community's reaction to things, do you prefer better gameplay, deeper plots, more voice acting, etc. I personally thought the voice acting in Psycho Strike was better, but no first hand experience, just from what I've heard of the gameplay. If I'm honest, it sounds like a lot of psycho strike sounds plopped onto another game. Wouldn't surprise me to find out chunks of its code in there as well. Also Elias, do we really need that in a side scroller? I mean is it really needed or is it more a novelty. I will not say music is not important in telling a story, but you want to pick your battles. D o you want to make a game where you put everything you've got into it, a huge, what would amount to a tripple A title in mainstreaming, then hell yeah, go for it, because its gonna add to the overall feel. But that would lower the budget since you don't have to pay the licencing of it. You could also put a thing on the forum as other have done saying you're looking for voice actors, you could still pay them, but not the fee a professional would get, things like that. I'm not gonna buy something I feel isn't worth the money, I did that for Psycho Strike, and it was a mistake.

So I can only tell from what I've heard, that was up to the Gray Lady which was attempted and not finished, so I can't just say its bad, bad bad, and neither do I want to bash a game up and down, it does have its good elements.

Oh, and P.S. Is this gonna be another deal, no updates, no support like Psycho Strike, because that's gotta come to an end right quick, because when you pay for a product like that, you're damn well expecting support if you need it.

Anyway, that's my take on it, might seem harsh, I'm not trying to flat out say it sucks, but mostly not for me, so I'll pass. I do want to buy Paladin though when I can afford to.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mr . brunete via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : raygrote via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : FabiG94 via Audiogames-reflector