Re: MessApple, Or, The Return Of Apple2E For the VIP!

This looks interesting!

My first computer was an Apple 2, later I upgraded to an enhanced Apple 2e. Then when I saw where the Apple 2 was going with the Apple 2c and the Apple 2gs, I bailed out and switched to IBM PC compatibles.

But I still remember the Apple 2 and enhanced Apple 2e with many good memoryies.

Until I lost my vision I had been using the AppleWin emulator, I hadn't tried using it with a screen reader.

You guys probably know about this already, but just in case you don't. You might be interested in a utility called Cider Press, this utility can convert Apple disk images between several formats (I think). It can also extract files from Apple disk images. If a binary file is a graphic image, it will extract it as a bitmap, if the file is a basic (Applesoft or Interger), it will extract it as a text file listing of the program. You also have the option to extract the file raw (with no conversions applied). It's a pretty handy utili ty to have around if you deal with Apple disk images. It used to be a commercial product but is now free. And from my experience, it's readily accessible, at least I had no problems with it.

Here's the link to it: http://a2ciderpress.com/

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cbenner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector