On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 20:35 -0700, x94blair3 wrote:
> Soo...I moved on to albums I have ripped in flac.  And it was
> noticeably better but still "off".  At this point it's driving me
> insane.  And I suddenly think, could it be the volume level I have the
> squeezebox set to?  Sure enough I have it maxed out, so I lowered it to
> 20 and upped my stereo volume to compensate.
>[snip]
> Is it possible the the maxed volume setting on the SB2 wss contributing
> to the problem or am I just losing it at 11:32PM?  If that is the case,
> any tips on how to maximize my listening pleasure?

Yes, it is easy. Hard to know for sure, because there are many ways.
The SB2 puts out a fairly high voltage level. It can over drive
the input, causing distortion at several levels.

If it sounds bad, it is bad.

> I don't confess to know much about electronics, or even the hardcore
> side of being an audiophile.  I love music, I have a crapload of it,
> and in time I'd like to feel that I've got quality bang for my buck
> equipment and speakers and plenty of money left over to buy more music.
> I'll never touch the level of expertise or interest that you guys
> exhibit.

Be careful. For most folks, it is all about the music.
Most of the wacko audiophiles started out quite sane, they
just wanted to make the music sound more real.

SqueezeBoxes cause people to listen to more music. I've bought many
times more music recently than I did in the ten years before I got my
first SqueezeBox.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html