On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 13:41 -0800, puffalo wrote:
> A diamond shape is definately part of your problem.  To get a good
> stage you need a space which is symetrical and square.

Square is probably the worst shape, cubic being the only obviously
worse one. Lots of standing wave problems happen at frequencies (all
multiple of the dimensions). Take the speed of sound, divide it by the
room measurements, and you know the frequencies that are likely to
cause problems.

>  Speakers need
> to be equidistant off side walls and unless you need the walls for bass
> reenforcement should be pulled forward  a foot or more off back wall.

I find I need more like four or five feet from the back and side walls.

And my chair has to be four or five feet from the back and side walls as
well.

All of which causes problems with the WAF.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html