Chris,

I consider the quality of the analogue outputs is excellent.

I have compared the dac in the Squeezebox to the dacs in my Bryston
pre/pro - by feeding the Squeezebox analogue outputs to my Bryston
processor in analogue by-pass mode (ie no digital processing involved
in the processor), and feeding its spdif output to the Bryston's own
inbuilt Crystal 24/96 dacs, I can then switch the Bryston in and out of
by-pass mode and compare the Squeezebox dac to the Bryston dacs. I am
unable hear very little, if any, difference between them.  If I hadn't
already got the Ack! dAck! I would have been very happy using either of
the dacs.

One of my friends is using the analogue outputs into Naim and PMC FB1+,
and he is delighted with the sound quality he is getting.

The supply comes with interchangeable dc plugs, so it's plug and play -
in fact my Naim colleague is using his like this.
I have soldered the correct sized dc connector to mine because I wanted
to eliminate any possibility of a bad connection.
Having said this the connector supplied is perfectly ok, it's just that
I had the right connector in my spares box so I used it.

afb

--
afblaster