Well, I decided to spend a couple of hours getting the ART DIO side of
the equation done.  I put in the SC944-05 on that side following
GaryB's, Jim l'Hommideau, Graig's, and other's wisdom.  I chose the
floating option outlined on the ART DIO downloads in the DIOMods group
on Yahoo.

It sounds very good - I am getting a nice strong lock on the Art DIO
and I tried comparing to the stock unmodded SB2 analog outputs.  The
SB2 alone sounds fine, but much flatter and the details are not as easy
to discern as through the heavily modded Art DIO.  I get a much better
sense of depth and there are lots of subtleties in the mix that come
out easier with this combo.

Compared to the previous non-transformer based stuff, it is just shades
better.  I mean I don't have a golden ear, and I honestly have listened
only about an hour due to family time.  I think I will update this once
I convert the cable from coax RCA to a good BNC cable and BNC connectors
on both the SB2 and ART DIO.

I snapped a couple of pictures, so I will put them up on my site soon
and share.  I think it is worth the trouble if you are building your
system around the SB2 as I have (it is better than my vinyl rig now and
I will probably have to get a modern tonearm and work on some isolation
to get the TT back in the running).

--
mamsterla