http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/viewtopic.php?t=21808

Perhaps you should go to the original post to learn what the pictures
are of?

They are NOT pictures of an UNLOADED PS. They are pictures of the 5
volt line going into the DAC chip.

Mr. Adams did state:
"What you're measuring is noise coupled onto your probe from the
digital side (which _will_ be quieter with a linear supply).

If you measure right across C61 with better/shorter leads, you will not
see a significant difference."

He has published photos on his site taken with a cable soldered direct
the the on board places I just placed my probe tips.

Most power supplies do look different under load than free running. I
posted those pictures to show what MY scope showed inside the SB2 on
the power lines using the switcher and linear supply.

Mr. Adams DOES say the the digital side noise is quieter with a linear
supply.

--
Wayne1