pablolie Wrote:

> OK, so we can all crank up the passive-aggressive stanza here.

There are a couple things in that post I wish I could take back, but
that wasn't one of them. I didn't mean anything by it, sorry you took
offense. Buying 5,000 compact discs and having 250 *good* ones is
either poor selection or incredibly bad luck. It does beg the question,
why further limit the resolution of the few good sounding ones you do
have?

pablolie Wrote:

> But the gating factor is the emotion - the gear itself and the sound
> quality has long stopped being a factor in my case. Whatever I play
> through whatever medium in my home system is going to sound pretty
> fantastic
Fine and good. Don't suggest that mp3 is *almost* as good as FLAC
though. Bit perfect is a completely different ballpark, eg if someone
has an hdcd decoding external dac- mp3 has no chance.

--
Skunk