> All in good fun though. We're both here because music is
> important to us, but getting 'the best sound from your
> squeezebox' is not the most important thing in the world.

Agree with you on all counts.

As I have stated before: I am very likely to re-digitize those
recording that are important to me as FLACs in due time. First of all I
have to see how much storage space I have left after I have achieved my
primary objective, which is archiving my entire collection for
convenience while mantaining acceptable sound. The current sound level
and musicality of the set-up by far exceeds my original expectations,
so I am ecstatic about it. My goal wasn't and isn't to maintain
identical playback quality - I have been consistently clear about
that.

I can't recall telling ayone else what they should do when it comes to
setting up their system or digitizing their collection, because I am
not sure what their goals are.

Perhaps I could have gone out to see if I could utterly replace my CD
player. I am not even remotely close to that. My idiosynchrasies and
preferences are just mine, not asking anyone else to adopt them. On the
other hand, I think it's foolish for others to try to judge the results
I get without having experienced them first hand. That's called dogma.
And all I can say is I am not afflicted by it.

--
pablolie